Wednesday, August 17, 2005

First Post

I thought that a change might be nice. It seems that xanga has run its course. For me, xanga was an experiment in maintaining long-distance contacts - a way to "facebook" with people in a pre-facebook world. But now I find it to be both cumbersome and obsolete. Unlike blogspot, xanga does not allow non-members to comment on posts, and in doing so, seems to severely limit any wide discussion on a topic. Hence the switch.

Of course, much like my previous blog, this one will hardly be a personal page. Commentaries on economics, politics, films, and sports - with a special emphasis on sports, I suppose - will dominate the content. Mostly, the blog serves as a forum for me to sketch my own thoughts, whatever the subject may be, and allows me to get near-immediate feedback.

Hopefully this project is a successful one. Time will tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Word. Xanga was SOOOOOO prefacebook. I like the sports posts. Keeps me informed in that realm of the world.

August 17, 2005 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home