Monday, April 24, 2006

NBA 2006 Playoff Predictions

My bracket.

Round 1
West
San Antonio over Kings in 4 - Um, let's move on.
Phoenix over Lakers in 6 - Kobe will go nuts in at least 3-4 games. As usual, the Suns will win 2-3 of them.
Dallas over Memphis in 5 - The prize for Memphis actually trying? Getting their ass beat by the Mavs.
Clippers over Denver in 7 - I feel so bad for Memphis, who would have won this matchup anyway.

East
Detroit over Milwuakee in 4 - No comments necessary.
Miami over Chicago in 5 - This will probably be a damn interesting series.
Indiana over New Jersey in 7 - Upset! Upset!
Cleveland over Washington in 7 - If LeBron hadn't gone nuts over the past month and a half, I would have gone with Washington.


Conference Semi-Finals
West
San Antonio over Dallas in 7 - Weird: My MVP's team won't go past the semi-finals!
Phoenix over Clippers in 6

East
Detroit over Cleveland in 5 - I actually wonder if they will get one game?
Miami over Indiana in 6


Conference Finals
West
San Antonio over Phoenix in 6 - I figure they will improve on their pathetic showing last year.

East
Detroit over Miami in 6 - I liked last year's Heat more than this year's, despite Wade's ascendancy into superstardom.


NBA Finals
Detroit over San Antonio in 7 - This breaks my heart, but I have no reason to go against Detroit at this time.


Of course, I would prefer either Miami or San Antonio to win it all.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I somehow doubt Clips and Nugs go 7. Wiz and Nets will probably still win.

April 25, 2006 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A better bracket:

16:
Spurs def Kings
Lakers def Suns
Mavs def Grizz
Clips def Nuggets

Pistons def Bucks
Heat def Bulls
Nets def Pacers
Wiz def Cavs

8:
Mavs def Spurs
Clips def Lakers

Pistons def Wiz
Nets def Heat

4:
Mavs def Clips
Pistons def Nets

Finals:
Mavs def Pistons

Dirk MVP

April 25, 2006 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just watch. lakers win tonight.
and the wizards will go ahead 2-1.

April 28, 2006 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see i told you! lakers win .. 3-1 now!

April 30, 2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger arun said...

yah yah i know. my picks sucked

April 30, 2006 8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stand sorely corrected..

Man Barbosa....
Phil Jackson hasn't been defeated in the 1st round before.

May 06, 2006 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home